Are you a vegan who loves pho? Do you have a craving for a hot bowl of soup, especially in the cold weeknights, but don’t want to spend hours cooking? Well, you’re in luck! don’t worry, just follow our quick vegan pho recipe and fill up your cravings and make your weekends more delicious.
What is Pho?
Pho is a traditional Vietnamese soup that typically includes a flavorful broth, rice noodles, meat, and herbs. Most people like chicken pho due to its delicious flavors, while some only prefer vegan pho. Here we will talk about how to make a perfect vegan pho quickly.
Ingredients for Vegan Pho
Here’s what you’ll need to make our easy vegan pho recipe:
- 1 onion
- 1 tbsp. ginger
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 star anise
- 4 cups of vegetable broth
- 2 cups of water
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. miso paste
- 4 oz. rice noodles
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1/2 cup fresh basil
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- Sriracha, to taste
How to Make Vegan Pho
Now that you have all the ingredients to prepare vegan pho, follow these instructions carefully to make pho delicious. Let’s start to prepare this amazing meal.
- First, heat the pan, add a spoonful of vegetable oil, and saute the onion, ginger, and garlic till they get brown.
- After it takes on a golden brown color, add the cinnamon stick and star anise to the pan and continue sautéing for another few minutes.
- Pour in the vegetable broth, water, soy sauce, and miso paste. Stir everything together and bring it to a simmer.
- And now leave to simmer for 15 to 20 minutes on medium flame to perfectly mix all flavors together.
- During the simmering of the broth, you should cook the rice noodles as per package instructions.
- Once the broth is ready, strain out the onion, ginger, garlic, cinnamon stick, and star anise.
Now you are ready to enjoy these delicious meals. To serve the vegan pho, first divide the cooked noodles as per your desired portion. And ladle the hot broth over the cooked noodles. Add a delicious topping with the lime wedges and sriracha to taste.
Why Vegan Pho is a Great Weeknight Option
Vegan pho is not only easy to prepare but also incredibly delicious and nutritious. It is the perfect way to spice up your weekends without spending hours in the kitchen. Moreover, unlike chicken pho, which can take hours to prepare, our vegan pho recipe can be made in just 30 minutes or less. It is perfect for busy weeknights when you don’t have spare time to prepare anything special.
Benefits of a Vegan Pho Recipe
In addition to being quick and easy, our vegan pho recipe is also incredibly healthy. The variety of herbs and spices used in this special soup makes it a more nutritious and healthy meal. Also, it is a vegan meal that everyone should try, including those who have cut off their meat consumption. If you are a meat lover, then you can try chicken pho to recharge your tastebuds.
This amazing recipe will definitely win over your tastebuds and fill up your craving for traditional Vietnamese dishes. You don’t need to spend hours preparing this spicy meal; it takes around 30 minutes or less. It is pure vegan and perfect for those who avoid non foods in their diet. So next time, you get cravings for a bowl of soup, don’t forget to try this easy to make recipe. It will definitely be true to you and all your family members.